spin buttons and the focus

Hi.

A spin button only updates its underlying GtkAdjustment value
when it loses focus (or is changed with mouse).  So, if I change
a spin button's value from keyboard and then activate a button
by mnemonic (not by mouse!), the adjustment doesn't notice the
change.  Note that if I click the button with the mouse, the
focus slips to the button and the adjustment's value _is_
updated.

Is it a bug or a feature (i.e. isn't the focus supposed to
be grabbed on activation by mnemonic too)?  What is the best
way to workaround?

Paul