Re: Kiosk mode with gtk

Gonzalo Aguilar Delgado wrote:
Hi All,

I want to do a TV-Set on box program based on MythTV and Freevo.
I want to take the best of two worlds (C integration, and scriptable
environment).

And the question is:

Is there any way to do a kind of kisok mode with GTK2?

I want a theme that looks like "http://freevo.sourceforge.net/
screenshots.html" but done with GTK2

If I cannot do something similar (MythTV has done it with QT) I'll need
to use SDL to do all graphics stuff.

Someone can help me with this question? Is this possible?

If you want a system that'd give you an easy way to make a tv guide
that is updated everyday such as in:

  http://freevo.sourceforge.net/screenshots_blurr.html#freevo_ss2

then i'd avoid writing things manually with gtk widgets. I don't
know if gtk themes can give rounded corners on some of those text
display boxes.

I'd create a small configuration file format so that you can specify
the creation of these screens using a simple text file, then make a
parser that can read it and generate the gtk code. The screen can be
rendered directly as one big widget (GtkDrawingArea), and mouse clicks
can be read by defining 'hot' regions on the screen.

You could make similar screen graphics using dynamic html.