Re: Odd segfault

On Sat, May 15, 2004 at 05:56:15PM +0200, Jan-Marek Glogowski wrote:
Hi

I guess the real error is this line:

gchar *title = g_strconcat("Select a ", type);

Yes!  That allowed the program to complete. It makes sense now that it
_would_ have to have something to do with strings and such since it was
a string function that made the difference.

From GLib manual: The variable argument list must end with NULL. If you
forget the NULL, g_strconcat() will start appending random memory junk to
your string.

Guess it's my bad for not doing my homework.  The documentation is so
overwhelming to someone just being introduced to the environment.

BTW: It's better to use gtk_dialog_run e.g. (from my mind and an example):

I'll study your example in detail - thanks.  It seems that there are so
many ways to get a job done in gtk.

Thanks again for the pointers.