Re: Text widget problem

On Wed, 12 May 2004, Utpal Shasane wrote:
I am using text widget for creating notepad. i am getting following
error. Can somebody help me to get out this error.
Hello Utpal!
One error is that you commented out the "gchar *buffer", that's why you
get the error in line 48. I think the other error messages are only
consecutive faults. After uncommenting this line I can compile the
program with the command line
gcc `gtk-config --cflags --libs` test.c

BTW, do you really need to use GTK1.2? If there is no good reason to use
GTK 1.2, I would strongly recommend you to use GTK 2. It will offer you
more features, has overcome some limitations of GTK1.2 and fixed some bugs
that are still in 1.2.

Regards,
                     Peter
Peter Krüger

applied software solutions (appss) GmbH
Sandtorstr. 23
D-39106 Magdeburg
Germany

Phone:  +49-(0)391-54486-19388
Fax:    +49-(0)391-54486-19222
email:  krueger appss de

Managing Director: Uwe Hess, Dietmar Schäfer
Register: HRB12386, AG Magdeburg

"Virtual business becomes reality!"

e-mail is strictly forbidden.