Transparent EventBox

Hi all:

I am trying to create a transparent EvBox. So I create a eventbox and
set it be invisible with:

gtk_event_box_set_visible_window (evbox, FALSE).

But when I compile, I get the following error:

/tmp/ccQym8uT.o(.text+0x128): In function `main':
: undefined reference to `gtk_event_box_set_visible_window'
collect2: ld returned 1 exit status

I am using Gtk 2.2.4. Is that function new in Gtk 2.4?

So, how can I get an EventBox. Is there a way to set the widget
background color to transparent or is there another trick to getting a
transparent container widget.

Thanks.

-D