Re: An odd DrawingArea problem

On Mon, 3 May 2004, Peter Krueger wrote:

Hi Daniel!
When an expose event occurs GTK will clear the affected region with the
background color or background pixmap right before your applications
expose callback is called.

This is actually not true; gtk clears the drawingara *after* I've
plastered something on top of it using SDL (my SDL-drawn content is only
visible as a short flash, or longer when I call sleep() before returning
from the expose_event callback). Note that GTK doesn't know about the
contents of the drawingarea's window since I'm not using GDK to draw on
it.

Anyway, I got rid of this behavior by intercepting expose events before
GDK ever sees them by using gdk_window_add_filter().

--Daniel