keyboard handling

Hi!

I'm still trying to activate some meanigfull keyboard handling in
gtk+1.2.

The tutorial says in chapter 16 there is a function

        "void gtk_widget_install_accelerator( ... )".

I grep'ed the sources ans did not find anything.

The other thing I found is the chapter about "Bindings" in the API
reference. But there are only the declarations, no explanations.

Can someone give a short explanation on the missing function and the
working and use of "key bindings" to me, please?

The main task for me is to have double occupied function keys on several
notebook tabs (tab 1, F1 do something; tab 2, F1 do something else).

TIA,
Marc