How to use GtkTextView?

Hi guys, Today I want to ask something about managment of Text widgets.

Before in Gtk v.1.2 there was a widget named 'GtkText', with this widget I could write text like a editor, I wanted to do a program that inserts text into that widget, for example: I put 2 buttons with label '*' and '+', and when I make clic in any button, its label writes itself into GtkText (the program is like a calculator). For this There was a function named 'gtk_text_insert', but checking the API Reference I saw: GtkText is deprecated, use GtkTextView.

Now, my question is: How could I do that program using GtkTextView?

I did check the API Reference, but I didn't understand its use.

My last post, I want to thanks all their suggestions, I had not know there are more functions in Glib as an Ansi C. (I hope this comment is good wrote).

@l3x

MSN. Más Útil Cada Día Haz clic aquí Get 2 months FREE*.