Re: need fast table layout

On Mon, 2004-03-15 at 22:11, Markus Lausser wrote:
Hello.

My app creates a treeview/liststore with 7 columns and it stores
about 3000 lines in there. After the lines are stored, the initial
display of the window (which contains the treeview) needs 15 seconds.
(i have an old computer).

What is the slow part in the treeview implementation? And how can i make
it faster? The columns are fixed sized..

It there any other 'table' layout that is faster than the treeview?
I've tested homogenous hboxes in a vbox, but thats way slower.

From gtk+-1.2 i know that GtkTable is pretty slow too.

I am using gtk+-2.2.1

I've upgraded to 2.6.0 and i use the treeview with fixed-height-mode and
its at least 10 times faster! Thanks to the dev team.

Markus.