Re: query

Quoted by a town of funky monkeys
For `kapil dua <gtkkaps yahoo com>'
On Thursday, 18 March 2004 (21:53):

 are gtk applications build using gtk1.2 works with gtk
 0.8 or some patch is required

        Usually major releases aren't either binary- or source-compatible with each
other (although most "basic" things will work).

        BTW, I haven't seen (or used) applications written with a pre-1.0 version of
GTK+ in a long time. I guess it's better to either upgrade to 1.2, or use 2.4
anyway. :)

--

 Leandro A. F. Pereira         (oO)           <leandro linuxmag com br>
                              /||\                  www.mindcrisis.tk

     "Alguns homens vêem as coisas como são, e dizem 'Por quê?'
    Eu sonho com as coisas que nunca foram e digo 'Por que não?'"
                        --George Bernard Shaw