signal for entering a widget

        Hi, I have been trying to find the appropriate signal to connect to
when the mouse enters a widget but I have been unsuccessful. I tried
"enter-notify-event" and "motion-notify-event" but none of them are the
right one.
        What I want to accomplish is that when a widget is entered (using the
mouse), the keyboard focus is grabbed by the widget. Which leads me into
my next question: gtk_widget_grab_focus() does not seem to grab the
keyboard focus. What should I use then?

        I am using GTK1.2 but the question is equally valid for GTK2.0.

        Thanx

--
Mitko Haralanov
voidtrance at comcast dot net