GDK_IS_WINDOW(event->any.window) fails

Hi,

The test for GDK_IS_WINDOW for the window associated
with an GdkEvent fails in my event handler.

In my app, I hook onto the events like this:
---
    gdk_event_handler_set (main_event_handler, NULL,
NULL);

      gdk_root_add_watch (GDK_POINTER_MOTION_MASK,
root_event_monitor, NULL);

---
Now, when an event occurs, I get the control in my
root_event_monitor. root_event_monitor() is defined
as:

static GdkFilterReturn
root_event_monitor (GdkXEvent *gdk_xevent,
                    GdkEvent  *event,
                    gpointer   gdk_root)
{
  // do something

  Here the test GDK_IS_WINDOW(event->any.window)
passes!
}

And, when I get control in main_event_handler, defined
as:

static void
main_event_handler (GdkEvent *event,
                    gpointer  data)
{
     // do something...

     Here the test GDK_IS_WINDOW(event->any.window)
fails!
}

What can explain this behavior?

Regards,
Siddharth

=====
Siddharth Uppal
Scientist 'B'
Artificial Intelligence and Neural Networks Division (AI & NN)
Center for Artificial Intelligence and Robotics (CAIR)
Defense R&D Organisation (DRDO)
High Grounds
Bangalore - 560093
India

Office: (+91) (080) 2265496 Extn. 225
Mobile: (+91) 9880055780

Blog: http://upster.blogspot.com

43rd Law of Computing:
Anything that can go wr

ERROR: Segmentation violation -- Core dumped

Go to: http://in.insurance.yahoo.com/licspecial/index.html