Re: how to enable new signal for a widget

On Thursday 11 March 2004 14:45, manu aradhya wrote:

I a defined a new signal using gtk_signal_new()
then i am emiting it by
gtk_signal_emit_by_name(GTK_OBJECT(drawingarea1),
"my_signal", NULL);

before that i think i need to call

gtk_widget_set_events(drawingarea1, GDK_EXPOSURE_MASK

| GDK_LEAVE_NOTIFY_MASK |

           GDK_POINTER_MOTION_MASK |
GDK_POINTER_MOTION_HINT_MASK);

how to set the mask for my own defined signal so that
widget receives the signal.any ideas.

I think you might want to have a look at the difference between events and
signals (see for example: http://www.gtk.org/faq/#AEN556 ).

Also, you should be using GObject functions instead of the deprecated
GtkObject functions (g_signal_new instead of gtk_signal_new etc.) if you're
using Gtk+-2.x.

You'll probably get better responses if you give some more details of what are
you trying to do exactly.

Cheers
 -Tim