From: "Vlad GALU" <dudu rdsnet ro>
To: "Thomas Keaney" <se40319 cs may ie>
Sent: Tuesday, March 09, 2004 3:55 PM
Subject: Re: terminate a daemon from my interface

On Tue, 9 Mar 2004, Thomas Keaney wrote:

How would I terminate a daemon running from within my interface? At the
moment when I try to terminate the daemon, it also terminates my user
interface.
Regards,

What interface are we talking about ? If it launches the daemon
through execve(), the interface memory space is took over by the daemon,
so when you kill it, there's nothing to return to.