Re: gtkplug/socket

On Sun, 2004-03-07 at 12:12, Venkatakrishnan Kannan wrote:
Hi,
  I was trying to write a sample appl for
GtkPlug/GtkSocket. I observe that the plug is embedded
in the socket (the signal callbacks are invoked) but
the content of the plug (frame1) is not visible in the
socket. The sample code is attached with this mail.

  What am I missing?

Well, at least for one thing, you never call
gtk_widget_show() or gtk_widget_show_all() on the plug; the
GtkSocket honors the visibility requested for the plug,
so if you don't show it, it will never appear on the
screen.

  I run the samplegtkplug first and then gtksoc. I am
not very sure how the GdkNativeWindow should be passed
between the processes.
  I don't see sample programs on the net, any
particular reason for this?

There's a sample program in tests/testsocket.c in the
GTK+ distribution...

Regards,
                                        Owen