Re: lag in gtk_widget_show ???

Julien Vary wrote:
Hi tried to show a hidden window (loop running, window have never been show
before) by sending a client event from an other thread, an when this event
is processed, that call gtk_window_present or gtk_widget_show (tried both)

the window only appear when I click somewhere on the desktop or play with
scrolling button on my mouse

i first thought the window wasn't able to receive my events since it's
hidden and only react when X generate his own events

however, i tried to directly call  gtk_widget_show / gtk_window_present
instead of sending events but lag still (not sure if it's thread safe, but
was only for test)

i think gtk_widget_show_now is not usefull to me since my loop is already
running

is someone having any clues about what I am doing wrong??
and why my window only appear when I click on my desktop??

Try

  g_main_context_wakeup(NULL);

from your other thread right after calling gtk_widget_(show|present).

Paul