GtkTreeView - Rendering data after changes

Hello All,

I am currently using a tree view and list store to display application data.
Approximately every 100ms I will unreference the view from the model (list
store), clear the list, append new values, and then reference the view back
to the model.

The tree view does not get rendered with updated values automatically.  For
example if I move my mouse, the treeview will be rendered with updated
values.  If there are no events, the new values will not be rendered to the
tree view.

How can I get the tree view renderer to render the treeview after data has
been updated?

Thanks in advance for the help,
John