Re: Widget destruction

Hi,

On Wed, 23 Jun 2004 19:36:42 +1000, Russell Shaw <rjshaw netspace net au>
When i destroy a container widget, my dispose() handler is
run in the child widget. However, the refcount isn't decremented
and the finalize() handler doesn't run. I thought the container
widget should decrement the refcount. What am i missing? (gtk 2.4.3)

Have you come across this?

http://www.le-hacker.org/papers/gobject/index.html

Very handy thing introducing gobject and its memory management. gtk is
just the same, but with the addition of a "destroy" signal and
floating references. The rule is just: always destroy gtk objects with
gtk_object_destroy() and it should work (provided your containers are
implemented correctly).

http://developer.gnome.org/doc/API/2.0/gtk/GtkObject.html

John