RE: Releasing software with a GTK front end

5. You have to use the dynamic version - static linking is prohibited

You can static link, but it means you need to make your own code
available too.

For LGPL it don't matter if you link statically or dynamically, at least I
understand it so.

No, if you statically link your code to an LGPL'd library like GTK, you MUST provide object code so that if
changes to GTK are made, your software can still link with GTK.

Basically if you dynamically link, you have much less to worry about :)
This is how I understand it, correct me if I am wrong.

Regards,
Martyn