Releasing software with a GTK front end

Hello,

My company is currently considering using GTK as a front end for a product. My question lies in the open source part of the usage of GTK, how do companies that make things like Tivo for instance use linux libraries and not release there propietary inner working code? What would my company need to do to do this? We would be happy to release certain portions of the code but there are some propiertary parts of the code that we couldn't release. Has anyone else dealt with this type of issue before?

Thanks,
James