Re: g_hash_table_find()

On Sun, 20 Jun 2004 18:48:55 +1000
Russell Shaw <rjshaw netspace net au> wrote:

Hi,
What does g_hash_table_find() return?
It returns a gpointer, but the api is unclear
on what it is.

Returns: The value of the first key/value pair is returned, for which func
          evaluates to TRUE. If no pair with the requested property is found,
          NULL is returned.

How can it point to a key *and* its value? I'm trying to get the key
value with little success (it's stored as a guint).

        You might want to try g_hash_table_lookup(). You give a key as an argument, and it returns the
associated value. If there's no value identified by the supplied key, it returns NULL.
        I have written a small software that makes extensive use of the GHashTable structure:
http://night.rdslink.ro/dudu/glflow/glFlow-0.0.1.tar.gz

I'm using g_direct_hash().

static gboolean
findfunc(gpointer key, gpointer value, gpointer user_data)
{
     return !strcmp(value,user_data);  // value is a gchar*
}

gchar *s="groundzero";
gpointer key=g_hash_table_find(hashtab,findfunc,s);
guint n=GPOINTER_TO_UINT(key);
fprintf(stream,"%u",n);