highlighting control labels

Hi,

I'm looking for a way to highlight a control's text label (if exists) when that control receives focus. Is there a way to adjust the color properties of a label at runtime (not via theme) ? If I can get it to be highlighted then that will give some very basic JFW (jaws for windows screen reader) support, since JFW pays attention to the MS windows highlight color. Already works for reading menus via gtk-wimp, now we need to extend it to the rest of the app, or as much as possible. Any ideas would be much appreciated.

Thanks!
Marisa

--
Marisa DeMeglio