Re: Threads & popup windows under mswin

Hi John,

Please search the archives.

I can't :P
Every time I try to search I get an error (

The more important question, though, is what are you trying to
accomplish? Just multithreading your GUI for the heck of it isn't a
really good idea. There's probably a better way to do what you want
that doesn't involve more than one thread.

A while back I sent one email (
gtk-app-devel-list/2004-April/msg00023.html) to the list, and Peter Krueger
suggested the use of threads if the task was time consumming (http://

The GUI that I am building will download stuff from the internet, and while
resolving, connecting and receiving data, it is not very responsive when not
using threads.

Do you have a different suggestion?

Miguel Figueiredo
IT student / Marine Biologist
"Tem calma irmão que a morte não precisa do teu sim, é coisa certa, mais vale
fazer da vida um festim." ALC