Re: Show sub-range in GtkTreeView

On Saturday 12 June 2004 13:52, Russell Shaw wrote:

Use GtkModelFilter with your list store as child mode, for example.

I assume that's GtkTreeModelFilter, used with
GtkTreeModelFilterVisibleFunc(). Seems i need to recompile a new gtk;)

yes, I meant GtkTreeModelFilter, sorry. It's new in Gtk-2.4, but if you want
to use it in an app without making Gtk-2.4 a requirement for your app, you
can easily take the code and change the name space and a couple of
GObject-2.4 things here and there, and just ship it with your app (if the
licenses are compatible, that is).

If you grab the tarball that includes the code examples from
    http://scentric.net/tutorial/treeview-tutorial.html
you'll find such a stand-alone backwards-compatible filter model in
examples/tree-model-filter/  (It's the one shipped with Gtk-2.4, but slightly
modified to work with previous Gtk versions).

Cheers
 -Tim