Window resizing problem

I am porting a Gtk / Glade app, the Helix player (
https://helixcommunity.org/ ), to HP-UX and have run into some odd behavior.
Basically, a window is not resizing when it should be.  The code could use a
little reworking in my opinion, but the flow is basically this:

1. The app starts up and draws the window in its logo only version.

2. Later, the app realizes there is content and resizes to its default
playing version.

3. Lastly, the app opens the content file, realizes there is video to
display, and resizes to the appropriate size for the movie.

Each of these steps runs through one function which calculates the size the
window should be and calls gtk_window_resize and gtk_window_set_resizable to
true (in case 2) and false in the other case.

When the app first plays a movie this sequence works fine.  However, when a
movie is stopped and another (or same) movie is started, only steps 2 and 3
happen and the end window is the size specified in step 2 not the proper
size specified in step 3.

I've added some debugging output and the correct size is specified in the
final resize call and the order they are called is correct, yet the window
ends up the wrong size.  I tried running the app under gdb, but if I set any
breakpoints in that code the problem goes away.

What I have found is that commenting out the call to
gtk_window_set_resizable(window, FALSE) fixes the problem.

I am confused as to why this would be the case.  This issue does not appear
on the Linux build of the same code.

Any thoughts?

Thanks,

Greg Stacey