hardware keycode within cygwin

Hi,

I'm developing a GUI which should be able to run within cygwin and linux.
If the user presses a key over a special window, I need the lower level
hardware keycode.

By catching the key event under linux this is no problem, because in struct
GdKEventKey there is a member hardware_keycode. This works for several
linux-distros. But within cygwin this member doesn't contain the hardware
keycode.

Is there any other way to get the hardware keycode with gdk/gtk/glib
functions?

Thank you,
Tobias Werth