Re: writing a dockapp

On Sun, 2004-06-06 at 13:15, ext Tomek Grzejszczyk wrote:

I absolutely need to have group, icon and state set and GTK offers me
only two functions to do so and prevents me from using Xlib to set the
third property?

gdk_window_withdraw() and/or GDK_WINDOW_STATE_WITHDRAWN ?

I'm only guessing, but the reason gdk blows away your Xlib properties is
that it's keeping the window consistent with its own properties.  I
suppose XSetWMHints() is something you should not be calling on gdk
windows since gdk manages it internally (I think.)

--
Tommi Komulainen <tommi komulainen nokia com>