Re: GTK: give a column of wa hbox a fixed size

On Sat, 2004-06-05 at 04:34, Russell Shaw wrote:
Walter Brebels wrote:
Ok here's the structure of my application:
I have a hbox 2 columns, and in the right column I have a vbox, I need
to give that column, meaning the vbox a fixed size, how do I do this?

Maybe the "fixed" container:

   http://www.gtk.org/tutorial/sec-fixedcontainer.html

No, that only allows me to put boxes in that container with a fixed
position, I know its something with the size_request and the
size_allocate event, but I don't exactly know how to do it.