Re: Typo on gobject file ?

 Good point Hubert.

  I think the case is closed. I just wish they could do this for all signals.

Harring.

--- Hubert Soko³owski <h sokolowski wsisiz edu pl> wrote:
On Thu, 3 Jun 2004 13:09:51 -0700 (PDT)
Harring Figueiredo <harringf yahoo com> wrote:

 I will post it there -- I am afraid the socond string was suposed to
 be
something else... well, let us see.
but it IS something else, any-signal and any_signal are not the same
strings, but it is the same signal type.

--- Tristan Van Berkom <vantr touchtunes com> wrote:
Harring Figueiredo wrote:
Folks, I was browsing through the gobject file and I saw the
fowllowing:
   Line#
   1418       if (strncmp (signal_spec, "any_signal::", 12) == 0
   1419           strncmp (signal_spec, "any-signal::", 12) == 0)
   1420         {
   1421           signal_spec += 12;
   1422

"gobject.c"

  Is that a typo on the if statement, or am I missing something in
  here .

    That is obviosly not what the programmer intended, although it
    may
not cause any malicious behaviour. Maybe your post would be more
appropriate on gtk-devel, it is possible that the code is recent
enough
for the programmer in question to recognize their error (I
personally
cant make heads or tails out of what was intended in the second
string
comparison), if nobody knows, I assume the second comparison should
simply be removed.

Cheers,
                                            -Tristan

Pozdrawiam,