Re: Trouble with glib-1.4.1 and gdome2-0.8.1

John J. Boyer wrote:
When i tried to install gdome2-0.8.1 it didn't like my version of glib, so
i got glib-2.4.1. That didn't like my version opf PKG-CONFIG, so i got a
new version of that and installed it. Then glib-2.4.1 installed, but it
seems to install itself as glib-2.0. I have removed the old glib. Now when
I run ./configure on gdome2-0.8.1 it says that PKG-CONFIG returned
glib-2.4.1 but glib-2.0 was found, then it says it can't find glib. Since
glib installed itself in /usr/local/lib, I added that directory to
/etc/lib.so.conf . That didn't make any difference. What am I missing? I
want to make a permanent change, not just change environment variables.

I'm using Redhat 8.0.

Maybe you could try setting PKG_CONFIG_PATH in your .bashrc if the *.pc
files are in a different than pkg-config default directory.

$# updatedb

locate glib-2.0.pc
  /usr/lib/pkgconfig/glib-2.0.pc

cat /usr/lib/pkgconfig/glib-2.0.pc