Re: Hiding a Widget & Keeping the Events Running

I would put my widget inside an GtkEventBox and connect it's
"button-press" handler. The event box catches the event, when the child
is hidden.

I have the widget inside a GtkEventBox which, in turn, is inside a table.
I've tried gtk_widget_hide() and gtk_widget_set_child_invisible().  Once
either library call is executed the event handler for that widget stops
being called.  I've also tried gtk_widget_unmap() with the same result.

Could the table being present be altering the behavior?

--
Marshall Lake -- mlake mlake net -- http://mlake.net