Re: Shift key is eaten somwhere. . . . .

I have embedded lots of debug printfs into GTK itself to see
what happens as the program accepts keypresses.  Here's the program's
spew when I type a single "T" (i.e. a single capital letter T).  I
have annotated it in several places to point out what is happening where.
=20
------------------------  Spew  ---------------------------
[...]
=20
------------------------  End spew  ---------------------------=20
=20
Any ideas why gtk_event_key_press is never invoked?=20

My strong assumption is it's not getting called because you have
a custom key_press handler for your widget which is not chaining
up for these characters.

Regards,
                                              Owen

That was it!  I had a key_press callback defined somewhere else which
was trapping the event signal.

Thanks for your help!

Stuart