Re: proper way to create a GString object from an unsigned char *

On Fri, 23 Jul 2004 22:10:22 +0200, David Necas (Yeti)
<yeti physics muni cz> wrote:
On Fri, Jul 23, 2004 at 12:36:28PM -0700, Adam Monsen wrote:
What's the proper way to create a GString object from an unsigned char*?

I ask because I'm using libxml, and libxml has a xmlChar type (which
is an unsigned char). If I make an xmlChar* = "Hello World", how
should I make this into a GString?

Is it wrong to just cast xmlChar* to char*, even though xmlChar is an
unsigned char?

It's OK to cast unsigned char* to signed char* and vice
versa -- if you are working with strings, that is.  If you
were doing arithmetics with the characters (i.e. using them
as small integers), then it could be different.

Might there be any UTF-8 issues when I do this cast?

--
Adam Monsen <adamm wazamatta com>
http://adammonsen.com/