Help with flickering widgets when showing and hiding!!

Hello people,

I'm wondering if there is any way to get rid of flickering when hiding vs showing (gtk_widget_hide/show)
widgets.
I'm using the equivalent of scrolling in a custom made menu directly sitting on inside the window and I get
some flickering when hiding and showing GtkListItem widgets in my GtkList.

Any ideas on how I could avoid this?

Would there be a functionality allowing for a late redraw when everybody is ready to show up or hide?

Thanks
aXoneX