choice of line-based text display widget?

Just wondering if anyone could suggest the best way to go about displaying what amounts to several rather
large log files.

I wrote a simple log monitoring program using gnet which a few friends are running, that sends me a copy of
the logs generated by a program we're all running, and keeps my copy in sync so long as we're both online.
I'm now writing a program that presents those logs in a GtkTextView, highlighting certain keywords and lines
containing keywords with various colours and styles.  So far, it's all fairly simple.  I can even open an
arbitrary number if views, selecting per view which computers' logs to show, and how far back to show (either
in time, or in number of lines).  (eg. all logs in view #1, last 50 lines from logs 2 and 4 to view #2, etc.)

The twist is that if I stop showing a given log on one view, its lines should dissapear from that view.
Likewise if I start showing a given log in an existing view, its lines should all appear intermixed with
what's already in that view.  I also need to set up a hanging indent on wrapped lines, if that's possible.

If GtkTextView is still the best option, is there an easier (and/or faster) way to sift through the buffer
and either insert or remove the relevant lines?

fredderic

Join Excite! - http://www.excite.com