Re: pango fonts

On Mon, 12 Jul 2004, Todd Fisher wrote:

Hi,
    I am writting a gtk+ application for windows and linux and would
like to install a set of fonts with the application.
The fonts are outlined fonts (not sure if this matters or not) and I
would like to know what is necessary in setting up the fonts so that
they are accessible via a gtkrc file.  Any pointers to documentation or

For a Linux Box:
Any font that's accesible from other Gtk Apps should be available to
Pango. To install fonts:
Create a directory to store the fonts and copy them there.
Add the directory to the catalogue field in /etc/X11/fs/config
Go to the directory where you have the fonts and do:
        $ttmkfdir > fonts.dir
You'll also have to make sure the path is stored in
/etc/fonts/fonts.conf

Restart xfs to get the fonts.

No idea how this works in Windows, though it's presumably easier there.

HTH.