Re: Display 16 bit image

You need to unpack your pixels to 24 bits RGB then use the pixbuf
library to render to the display:

http://developer.gnome.org/doc/API/2.0/gdk-pixbuf/index.html

(If your image pixel format exactly matches the display video format
it is possible to paint to the display without conversion ... but it
is very painful. I would try using pixbuf first and only do more work
if it is too slow for you)