proper way to close an 'about' dialog created with Glade2 and libglade

I'm trying to add an 'about' window to a Gtk+ app I wrote:
http://adammonsen.com/tar_dl/LibgladeTest-CURRENT.tar.gz
(referenced here: http://adammonsen.com/tut/libgladeTest.html)

When I add the about window to src/libgladeTest.glade by selecting
Gnome then Gnome About Dialog from the widget Palette, it creates a
new about window as part of the application.

The first thing I have to change is Properties:about-win -> Common
->Visible, by setting it to "No", or else the about window pops up
when I first run the application. Fine, that works, it's initially
hidden.

Next, I need a way to see this about window, so I add a Help -> About
menu item to the menubar in main-win, and make the activate signal
trigger the gtk_widget_show_all function on the about-win object.
Fine, that works, it pops up when I click Help -> About.

The problem comes when I close the about window, either with the Close
button or the window manager's "close window" button. Either way, the
widget disappears and won't reappear on subsequent activations of Help
-> About.

Do I need to trap a particular signal for the about-win object? Also,
I see a picture (a big gnome foot) when the about-win window is
displayed in Glade. Should I see this when running the app as well? (I
don't see it)

Thanks for any help, especially pointers to good docs to read on this stuff.

--
Adam Monsen <adamm wazamatta com>
http://adammonsen.com/