Re: gtk win32 app without console

On Thu, 8 Jul 2004, F. Kater wrote:

Harring Figueiredo:

   The compiler flag  -mnowindows or -mwindows (one of the 2).
   Apparently does
the trick.

Thanks! I haven't tried it yet, though: Do you mean that these options
are valid for the ms visual studio 6.0 compiler? Or gcc/mingw only?

The flag -mwindows is valid for gcc/mingw. I have no idea if it is valid for MS compilers. If not, you need to consult the documentation of that compiler and find out what the equivalent is.

(Note that with mingw gcc, at least, there is no need to disfigure one's C code with oddities such as "winmain".)

Allin Cottrell