asian fonts under windows

Hi,

I'm experimenting with different locale settings and I've found some languages appear to have translations available (judging from the GNOME GUI messages' statistics page) but all I see are strings of squares under MS Windows. Here are the ones I'm having trouble with:
bengali (bn)
gujarati (gu)
malayalam (ml)
panjabi (pa)
thai (th)

I'm just using stock items in a small test app to test locale support among other things.

Does anyone know if a solution exists under win XP?

Thanks
Marisa

--
Marisa DeMeglio