Re: thread loops: prevent from 100% cpu usage?

Hi,

When you are waiting for a signal, use signals routines. You can try use select or poll if you are opening a file descriptor device.

[]'s

Claudio Polegato Junior

> my cpu uses 100% of the power due to a loop in a thread I use. How can I
> prevent from that? (The loop is waiting for a digital-I/O signal from an
> external device.)
You could try sleeping for a few milliseconds between tests. If you
can get an interrupt from the device, that's even better.
Use usleep(10000) to wait for 10 ms. Other threads will run while you sleep.