Re: g_locale_to_utf8

On Friday 30 January 2004 20:40, Ivo Andrejco wrote:

 I was wondering if someone could tell me, how exactly
'g_locale_to_utf8" works. I tried to store "a & b" as "a & b", I
passed it to g_locale_to_utf8 and what I get back is the same string "a
& b". Maybe I am not using the right function?

I think you want  g_markup_escape_text():

Using that you can escape text that should go between pango markup, or text
that should go between XML elements or into XML attribute value strings etc.