Promlems with icons on MS-Windows

Hi all!

A simple question: I use the following commands to change the
window icon:

        static const guint8 *data = { /* some correct data */ };
        GtkWidget *window;
        GdkPixbuf *appIcon;
        GError *err = NULL;

        window = gtk_window_new  (GTK_WINDOW_TOPLEVEL);

        appIcon = gdk_pixbuf_new_from_inline(-1, data, false, &err);
        if (err != NULL) {
                fprintf(stderr, "error ...");
                exit(1);
        }

        gtk_window_set_icon(GTK_WINDOW(window), X2XResource::appIcon);

This works on Linux. On MS-Windows the general Gtk application icon
appears instead. This leads to some trouble if the user starts
many (of my) Gtk applications, because they cannot be distinguished
on task bar.

Does anybody know a solution ?

Note! there is no error in data field! No error occurs.

--
J.Anders, Chemnitz, GERMANY (ja informatik tu-chemnitz de)