Error selecting font with gtk-wimp engine and win98

I am using GTK in one cross-platform application. For Windows native look, i
am using gtk-wimp engine. Engine selects the same font for GTK style as is in
Windows config.

But, on Windows 98 gtk-wimp engine choose "MS Sans Serif" font and GTK fall to
use that and use "Sans" font instead, showing following error messages in
console:

** (MOBILE~1.EXE:4294794529): WARNING **: Couldn't load font "MS Sans Serif 8"
falling back to "Sans 8"

If I choose some other font (as Tahoma) in Display properites instead of
default MS Sans Serif, application is working as it should. MS Sans Serif is
a .fon file and not TTF font, maybe that can be a problem?

How can I fix this so I can run my application in Windows98 and have a native
look and feal like on win2k and XP?

Thanx,
Goran Rakic