re-mapping GDK_Tab in treeview

I'm sure there's a reasonably simple way of doing this, but I can't
see it right now.  In a treeview/liststore that is functioning as a
spreadsheet, I want to bind GDK_Tab to move between cells, not to
shift focus off the treeview onto the control buttons at the foot of
the window.

I have a callback to "key_press_event" that starts

static gint catch_spreadsheet_key (GtkWidget *view, GdkEventKey *key,
                                   spreadsheet *sheet)
{
    if (key->keyval == GDK_Tab) {

At this point, do I have to do a full g_signal stop emission thing,
and a signal emit on a synthesized signal, or is there a more
straightforward option?  What I'd _like_ to do is say, "Act as if the
keyval was GDK_Right".  Thanks for any help.

Allin Cottrell.