Re: gdk_gc_new() and gdk_draw_point()

<ahem>
  oops, duplicate reply here; accidentaly
deleted subject, no hard feelings ;-)
</ahem>

Christophe,
[snip]

> Can anyone show me how to get the graphic context (GdkGC *gc) using
> gdk_gc_new ()

http://developer.gnome.org/doc/API/2.0/gdk/gdk-Graphics-Contexts.html#gdk-gc-new

says that its:

    GdkGC* gdk_gc_new (GdkDrawable *drawable);

    A GdkDrawable in gdk is anything thats reasonable to draw to.
Right now, a GdkWindow is a GdkDrawable and so is a GdkPixmap. You
can get your drawable from a widget like so:

    GdkWindow *window = NULL;
    if (GTK_WIDGET_FLAGS(GTK_WIDGET(any_widget)) & GTK_NO_WINDOW) {
        /* XXX I'm not sure about this function because I never used it.
         * (the name seems to indicate what you want though).
         */
         window = gtk_widget_get_parent_window (GTK_WIDGET(any_widget));
    } else {
         window = GTK_WIDGET(any_widget)->window;

See:
http://developer.gnome.org/doc/API/2.0/gtk/GtkWidget.html#GtkWidgetFlags
For a note on GTK_NO_WINDOW and the reason to call gtk_widget_get_parent_window.

Note that the coordinates will be relative to the parent's window when
a widget is GTK_NO_WINDOW.

> and how to complete the gdk_draw_point() function if
> it's false ,

gdk_draw_point() looks fine. in your code you draw a line
from (X:0,Y:100) to (X:100,Y:100)

> and to make this example run ?

Sorry but your on your own.

Cheers,