Re: I'm have a troubles with dynamic data strcutures

Hi Alphex,

On Thu, Jan 22, 2004 at 11:22:27PM +0300, Alphex K. wrote:

   aphone=gtk_entry_get_text(GTK_ENTRY(phoneentry));
   anotes=gtk_entry_get_text(GTK_ENTRY(notesentry));

   clients=AddClient(clients,aid,aname,amainsname,aemail,
                   aaddress,aoffaddress,aicq,ainn,aphone,
                   astatus,anotes);
   /*debug1*/ //free(aname);

Where I have a mistake,
integers in structure work normally, but
I'm have a problem with pointers to char

Read the documentation about gtk_entry_get_text:

,----
| gtk_entry_get_text ()
|
| G_CONST_RETURN gchar* gtk_entry_get_text    (GtkEntry *entry);
|
| Retrieves the contents of the entry widget. See also gtk_editable_get_chars().
|
| entry : a GtkEntry
|
| Returns a pointer to the contents of the widget as a string. This
| string points to internally allocated storage in the : widget and must
| not be freed, modified or stored.
`----

I.e. you need to duplicate (g_strdup) the string returned by that
function if you want to store it in your structure. Remember to
(g_)free it later.

--
Claudio Bley                                 ASCII ribbon campaign (")
Debian GNU/Linux user                         - against HTML email  X