treeview

Hi,
I have to make a simple one-column item list, using a Treeview or a list, but
lists seem to be de disadvised and deprecated so i think i'm going to use
a treeview. What do you think about that ? should i rather use a list ?

I've already watched the online documentation about treeviews and
especially GtkListStore (this may be what i must use), but i didn't found
many examples.
I use glade to design my interface, so how can i concretely link this
(http://developer.gnome.org/doc/API/2.0/gtk/GtkListStore.html) example
to my "treeview1" (and display it) ???

enum {
  COLUMN_STRING,
  COLUMN_INT,
  COLUMN_BOOLEAN,
  N_COLUMNS
};

{
  GtkListStore *list_store;
  GtkTreePath *path;
  GtkTreeIter iter;
  gint i;

  list_store = gtk_list_store_new (N_COLUMNS,
                                   G_TYPE_STRING,
                                   G_TYPE_INT,
                                   G_TYPE_BOOLEAN);

  for (i = 0; i < 10; i++)
    {
      gchar *some_data;

      some_data = get_some_data (i);

      /* Add a new row to the model */
      gtk_list_store_append (list_store, &iter);
      gtk_list_store_set (list_store, &iter,
                          COLUMN_STRING, some_data,
                          COLUMN_INT, i,
                          COLUMN_BOOLEAN,  FALSE,
                          -1);

      /* As the store will keep a copy of the string internally, we
       * free some_data.
       */
      g_free (some_data);
    }

Has anyone already done something like that ? does anyone know
simple examples or tutorials about that ?
Thanks for all your help :)

Chris