Re: Unexplainable crashes with GtkTreeModelSort

On Monday 19 January 2004 02:51, Dimitar Haralanov wrote:

Check the return value of gtk_tree_model_get_iter(). If it is TRUE,
the path was valid, if it is FALSE, the path doesn't exist.

      That is what I was using but this does not work. The function always
returns TRUE. May be, it has something to do with the fact that I am
using a GtkTreeModelSort...

Are you using a list store or a tree store as child model?

The only explanation I can come up with is that you are using a tree store and
have a bug somewhere where you're mixing the sort model and the child model
when using gtk_tree_model_get_iter() and/or gtk_tree_model_get(), or forget
to do gtk_tree_model_sort_convert_iter_to_child_iter() or so somewhere (even
though you'd probably have gotten assertion warnings then I suppose).

Or you are using a custom model that is buggy :-)

Can you reproduce this behaviour of gtk_tree_model_get_iter() with a small
stand-alone test program?

Cheers
-Tim