Re: high-level text drawing

On Sat, 2003-12-27 at 12:05, Johannes WeiÃl wrote:

I want to draw some text on a GdkDrawable (default font, small size),
but the function gdk_draw_text() is "deprecated and should not be used
in newly-written code".

I know, that pango handles text now, but the API seems to be very
low-level. I've also searched with google and the mailing list archive,
but I found nothing useful.

How do I draw text as high-level as possible in GTK2?

(sorry for my bad English)

Although this has already been answered, I would like to point out
the docs for it:

Question 1.11.